Monday, August 27, 2007

let all be fair then fight the world

A leader must champion and respect other races in the country. He can't champion his race alone. The PM said this in Ipoh yesterday. I totally agree with him on this point. But I always wonder does he understand what he said? His own party only champion for one race in action in speeches in policies. Every other race questions certain issues, they are shot down without debating or thinking through the issues. It is always boiled to the 'social contract' Look at the NEP itself or Dasar Ekonomi Baru for the Malays. It should have been canned long ago. But it isnt because the Malays are lacking behind the Chinese. Look around ourselves. Are they really behind the Chinese? The Indians are way down the ladder seeing their lives going down the drain and only occassionally some assistance are thrown in to save them. Then about the other races and natives of the land..................? The NEP has become a perpuity for the Malays which I think it has become a drug to the race. Without it these Malays wont be able to compete on their own two feet. I know some of my Malay friends who are intelligent and can think straight and have the guts to challenge the world they live in. The Malays arent lazy though some quarters tell me so. I had worked with Malay employeers. In fact I would say all my working life I had worked with the Malays in my organization. Most of the time there was only 3% non-malays. I had mixed with Malays from Johore, Selangor, Penang and Kedah. My outlook is that these people are nice and friendly lot. Like other races nobody wants to be rundown. Every one has dignity and value in one's self. By doing a good PR and knowing the values of human kindness, everything can be done. So I think NEP has served its purpose a long time ago. The drugged Malays won't help the country and I dont think they want it because they know it will sour relationships with the other races......feeling that one race is given a leg up on the other races. Let them compete on an even playing field. It builds unity and strenght in our mental capacity to challenge the world...I guess PM has to understand what he speaks about. Words are cheap in any medium; actions are hard to implement when the heart and mind isnt sincere........

No comments: