Thursday, June 17, 2010

the darkness run 21

I wait I wait I wait
In the container with tiny holes
I feel secured for the while
In my mind I have a hope

Besides the wolves
Sometimes howling in the night
I search around groping in the dark
I find a sword unsheathed it

The rays of light
I sheathed it back again
“Ah the magic sword?”
Now I know I am safe

In the silence I hear
A long whistle in the night
The wolves turn and run
Leaving me alone in the dark

I unsheathed the sword
The shining glow burning through
The container cuts into half
I walk out into a new world

The frogs are dead
In the pond of toxic waste
The principles they had sold
Into it the burial site

The colours glow
Maybe there will be change
In this world I travel
I smell the fresh air again

Into the big mall
The young register for change
A small beginning a giant step
In time the parasites gone

On the steel bench nearby
I sit and watch the scenes
People stare at me.......
The unkempt vagabond

The darkness run its course
The light finally glowing
The young will decide
For our generation failure

No comments: