Thursday, October 31, 2019

in my life 2


As the years move on
I hear the politicians go at it
Without realizing its consequences
That they never know
They are Malaysians since 1963

Yet the political elites then
They kept harping on its 2R
Believing they are born to it
And the supremacy of the race

Now I see its consequences
The zombie followers can't think straight
They don't read history
They follow as they are told

In my life
I lived from kampong to the city
I stayed up on the hill to escape the rat race
I dwelled on the island the easy living then

In my life
I could say the Malays are helpful lot
My form teacher hauled me back to school
The kampong gangster told me not to join gangs

Don't be like me
I go to lock-up every incident
The police will come for me
Stay away you have your life but I can't”

In my life
I saw the Black Maria came
The gangsters would shout and challenge the police
In the end guns always won the race

In my life
Dreaming is a bliss
But it has its limit
As reality will bite the everyday living

No comments: