Monday, October 14, 2019

the satay man


The satay man
Put up his tent and stall
Put up his lighting
Even burning charcoal
He is ready for his business

By night fall weather changes
The wind blowing fiercely
Rattling his tent as he looks anxiously
The wind talking to his tent
He stays put burning satay for me

When he has done
He packs it up for me
He brings to me in the restaurant
When he walks away
The weather changes quickly

The strong wind blowing hard
The heavy rain lashes on his tent
The satay man has to lower his tent
He has to keep his goods
The charcoal stove is wet

His wife and son run to take shelter
He stays in his tent keeping an eye on his satay
The wind keep lashing on his tent
Sometimes it tries to lift it up
But the tent holds firmly

When the rain reduces its intensity
I make my way to my car and drive away
By the time I reach home the rain has stopped
I guess the satay man will continue his business
Though he may not get many customers

No comments: